Sunday, February 2, 2014

Milo at Tintapfarm

It was Tirid and Sadam who sat with Milo in the mid cabin of Arista. That was way back in 2010. Milo was heading for Tintapfarm, a more spacious roaming ground in a country setting. Although I could visualize what was in store for me ahead in as far as volunteering to take care if Milo is concerned I did not mind as I am helping two parties, the animal and the supposed to be owners.
When he arrived at Tintapfarm he seemed to fit well to all the facilities and available peripherals, natural and man made. He threw around his weights literally. He is big in size, almost three or four times that of the locals, the original residents of Tintapfarm. There were 13 of them and they did not fear the newly arrived giant. They have the number!
To manage people is easier than to democratically manage animals, and for that matter, dogs! Milo attacked and savagely killed three of f
my younger originals. A little bit of me died with each one as they passed on to their next animal world. Milo was then more of a problem than anything else. Had I tried to shoot Milo? No...
Milo respond to any animal sound by its determination to attack and devour. During that year and years previously I had not less than 150 assorted chickens roaming the immediate ground of Tintapfarm house. Now, all of them have been devoured by this Milo of a dog! Did I shoot ...shotgunned...Milo? No....
In recent times, as recently as in late March, 2012, some new developments cropped up...stemming from the, you-know-who, vanity. Maybe she likes to be acclaimed by others as generous even at the point of parting with something she values. Never mind! This is a theory actually.
She entertained and spread a jokingly enunciated rumour that I was going to shoot Milo and before that happened they (the group of ten motorcycles) could come and fetched the giant for samluk! I had to think fast! and fast enough, something had to happen to save an otherwise ugly situation.

Dolly asked me for a dog to replace his own which died of old age. I gave Gompurak, Songguli's sister. It was a gentleman's request met with a gentleman's gift. Gompurak was transported to Rugading on a motor cycle... The man, the rider and the animal pillion! He has actually asked for Milo for he also got the spillover of the youknowho's spread rumour. I said, no...lah.
Gompurak was like a patung! Words coming back from Dolly! I told him to give him a little time to adapt to his new surroundings. It was during this time that words were received that those ten motorbike riders wanted to come to take Milo away...any time, any day. With the you-know-who vain kindness to the group of ten young bikers, Milo is in great danger.
That morning Dolly happened to be at Sadam's house, stoping a while on coming downhill from the morning Good Friday stations of the cross. He said, according to Sadam, he really wants Milo for "he nanti saying". He knows what he's talking about. But with his size he needs transportation to Rugading. The youknowwho assessed the situation and wanted to volunteer to send using arista. I was waiting for some people to come for fishfries that morning, but still I was not happy she were to drive arista. There were too many instances where she would do the unimaginable so as to get attention! So for a fleeting ride to Rugading I sent Milo, animal and Sadam in the truck! Milo is saved. Gompurak and Milo are both save with Dolly. Although they are not with me my greatest consolation is that they are still alive, loved and taken care off.
Tintapfarm
140412

No comments: