Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Gaharu Trees at+/- RM1 to 2k per tree

My Gaharu Trees at an approximately RM1 to 2k per tree. I need not apologise to the Gaharu trees for having planted them among the sweet Babagon Pineapples. Why should I? They are only plants, bah! It was said that one of the gifts the Three Kings from the East brought for Baby Jesus at the Manger in Bethlehem nearly 2010 years ago was the priceless sweet smelling resin of a Gaharu tree. There are many names for the Gaharu tree...the Chinese calls it with a different name, the Thais, with yet another name. The Kadazandusun calls it "Tindot". Who calls it Cendana and Agar Woods? It was further said that when God told Adam and Eve to leave Garden Eden after they have offended God with their disobedience, God did not allow then to take anything with them, except the Gaharu plant. There might be no truth at all in these mentioned hearsays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the information on the gaharu trees. I might consider planting it albeit a little late. Anyway, I don't know whether you still remember me. Well. I was your former pupil at GEPS, Babagon now SRK Babagon. I want recall an incident when you were the Head master at the School. It was sometime in 1967 when I was in Primary 2. I was asked by the class teacher Ainah Luping to get the class register book in your office one morning. When I entered your office, you greeted me Good morning Stephen and I answered back Good Morning Dog. You were agast and I was puzzled. You then brought me to see my class teacher to tell her what I have said to you. On the walk to the class room, I was wondering on your reaction. I did not realise that my greeting that morning was to be the most sensational and most rude comments to a Head Master or to anybody because just the day before I overheard that it was high respect to a person of higher position to be greeted by such phrase. Anyway, I have to pay a price for my greetings by being punished by standing on my school table for 1 period and being ridiculed by the whole school for the next few weeks or so. Well, it was good in a sense that it taught me to not simply take or believe in what people say without independent verification. That incident still stays with me till today.
Have a good day Sir....